Idaho Falls Lacrosse Club Code of Conduct
The Idaho Falls Lacrosse Club Code of Conduct is strict and serious in our sport. All people associated with the game are always expected to act with sportsmanship, dignity and respect for others.
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that “Honors the Game” of lacrosse and demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators. In becoming a member of the lacrosse community, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the game of lacrosse and its participants.
The essential elements in this “Code of Conduct” are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to the sport of lacrosse, themselves, their team and their organization.
The following essential elements of the “Code of Conduct” must be followed in practices as well as games and to include on or off the field:
· Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
· The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
Poor sportsmanship includes:
· Arguing with coaches, officials, teammates, opponents or spectators
· Using threatening or profane language
· Baiting or taunting coaches, officials, teammates, opponents or spectators
· Unsafe play
· Uncontrolled behavior in the bench area
The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
· Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
· Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and to reinforce that respect to players/teammates. Coaches are also expected to educate their players as to the important role of lacrosse officials and reinforce the ideal of respect for the official to players/teammates.
· Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the sport should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures, never on or about the field of play or otherwise in view of spectators or participants.
· Spectators involved with the game must never openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.
- Cyber bullying on any social media platform will not be tolerated between teammates or between any opponent teams.
By participating in the IFLC, parents, coaches, and players hereby agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by these guidelines will jeopardize your ability to watch, coach, officiate, or participate in future Idaho Falls Lacrosse events.
Poor sportsmanship will carry, at a minimum, the following consequences*:
- First Offense: Verbal warning
- Second Offense: Dismissal from the game
- Third Offense: Dismissal from the next game
- Fourth Offense: Dismissal from the team
*The IFLC reserves the right to examine any incident on a case-by-case basis and enforce consequences as deemed appropriate by the Board.
There is no refund or recourse for dismissal from our program as a consequence of breaking this Code of Conduct.